Monday, September 28 2020


Streptoccoccus suis kills 58-year-old man

Update: June, 11/2014 - 08:07

THUA THIEN-HUE (VNS) — The Preventive Health Centre in central Thua Thien-Hue Province has announced the first human fatality caused by a new case of Streptococcus suis bacteria that affects pigs.

The 58-year-old resident, who lived in the province's Huong Toan Commune, died three hours after being hospitalised at the local Hue Central Hospital, after showing severe symptoms, including heart irregularities. He was the seventh person infected with Streptococcus suis.

Last year, a total number of 16 people in the province became infected with S. suis. — VNS

Send Us Your Comments:

See also: