Sunday, September 23 2018

VietNamNews

Wild mushrooms send 9 to hospital

Update: April, 21/2014 - 08:05
The victims were H'mong residents of Sin Suoi Ho border commune in Phong Tho District of Lai Chau Province.— Photo vov

LAI CHAU (VNS)— Nine members of a family were treated at Lai Chau General Hospital on Saturday due to mushroom poisoning.

The victims were H'mong residents of Sin Suoi Ho border commune in Phong Tho District of Lai Chau Province.

Officials report that the head of the household, Vang A Hoa, had gathered nearly 1 kg of white mushrooms in the forest. After eating the mushrooms, the family members developed symptoms, including vomiting and dizziness.

The family members are improving after receiving medical treatment.

Officials have repeatedly warned residents not to eat mushroom of unknown origin from the forest.

The Viet Nam Food Administration estimates that about 60 people were killed in the past five years due to mushroom poisoning. — VNS

Send Us Your Comments:

See also: