with culinary expert Hoàng Nguyên from Movenpick Hotel Hà Nội
Mövenpick style hotdog
- 1 hot dogs sausage
- 1 hot dog bun
- 50g shredded cheddar cheese
- 50g chopped red or white onion
- 20g garlic powder
- 30g cucumber pickled
- 50g romaine lettuce
- 50g kimchi
- Mustard, ketchup, mayonnaise
culinary expert Hoàng Nguyên
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Line a baking pan with tin-foil. Place hot dog buns inside.
2. Spread a desired amount of mustard, ketchup and mayonnaise on the inside of each bun. Then place the hot dog sausages between two buns, over the sauce.
3. Ladle garlic powder onto each hot dog and then sprinkle with shredded cheddar cheese and onion.
4. Cover pan with foil. Bake for 30 minutes.
5. Let the pan cool for 5 minutes then carefully remove the foil. Use a spatula to help remove hot dogs from the pan.
6. Place cucumber pickles between the sausages and.
7. Serve with romaine lettuce and kimchi separately.
Fish and chips
- 100g seabass fillet, skin off, pin bones removed
- 100g potato
- 50g panko bread crumbs
- 50g plain flour
- 60g white cabbage
- 40g tomato
- Salt, pepper
- Mayonnaise, coriander, lemon, olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Pour the olive oil into a large pan on medium high heat.
3. To season the fish fillet: mix ½ a teaspoon of salt and 1 teaspoon of pepper and season on both sides of the fillet
4. To prepare the dipping batter: whisk the flour and egg yolk together until the mixture is well-incorporated
5. Dust the fish fillet in a little flour, dip into the batter then coat with panko bread crumbs. Gently lower the fish into the oil.
6. Cook for 4 minutes, or until the fish is cooked through and the batter is golden and crisp, then remove to oil paper to drain.
7. Transfer the fish to a baking tray. Place in the oven for a few minutes to finish cooking to help them stay crisp while cooking the chips.
1. Peel and slice the potatoes into chips.
2. Parboil the chips in boiling salted water for 4 to 5 minutes, then drain and steam dry.
3. Fry the chips in the oil that the fish were cooked in until golden and crisp.
When the chips are done, drain them on oil paper, season with salt, and serve with the fish fillets, along with mayonnaise and white cabbage.
You can sample the dishes as part the Diner’s Delights menu at Lounge 83, Mövenpick Hotel Hanoi. Please dial + 84 24 3822 2800, extension 6101 for reservation.