Horse-blood pudding poisons 50

Update: July, 12/2013 - 11:50

LAO CAI (VNS)– Fifty people were poisoned in northern mountainous Lao Cai Province on Wednesday after eating horse-blood pudding at a local wedding. They are recovering in the provincial general hospital.

The victims showed symptoms of vomiting and diarrhoea three hours after eating the pudding.

Late last year, about 30 local people were also poisoned after eating a similar meal. The dish is reported to be popular with Hmong and other ethnic farming people in the mountains who use horses for transport.

Horse-blood pudding is called as tiet canh ngua . It is a popular dish in the mountains of Viet Nam. – VNS