Fire guts appliance store

Update: April, 08/2016 - 17:00
A fire destroys hundreds of machines at an appliance store in Quảng Ngãi Province. – Photo
Viet Nam News -

QUẢNG NGÃI (VNS) –– A fire broke out yesterday afternoon at an appliance store in this central province’s Mỗ Đức District, causing VNĐ10 billion (US$440,000) in damages.

A mechanic was sawing steel to repair the Quang Lợi Appliance Supermarket in Đức Nhuận Commune when a spark set flammable materials nearby on fire.

The fire spread quickly to four other buildings in the area.

Hundreds of firefighters and many fire engines were dispatched to the scene, and the blaze was under control two and a half hours later.

No loss of human life was reported, but hundreds of appliances in the store were destroyed.

The case is still under investigation. –– VNS