JOHANNESBURG, SOUTH AFRICA - Media OutReach - 18 January 2019
- There is so much more
in store for the African retail industry. According to research conducted by PWC, many
sub-Saharan African countries have emerged among the world's fastest-growing
economies. This kind of development is due, in part, to a great deal of economic
and social change, but also because of the rapid advancement in technology and
changing consumer trends.
TrendWatching has determined
that some of these trends e-commerce, logistics, proudly African goods and
services, excellent branding, and the right channels, all things to keep in
mind when working towards next-level customer centered retailing.
Digital Retail Forum is set to take
place on 30 January 2019, at the Hilton Sandton in Johannesburg, South Africa.
Under the theme "Harnessing Digital
Technology for Next-Level Customer Centred Retailing", #DigitalRetailForum
will bring together hundreds of Africa's retail and technology leaders to
engage and give insights on emerging technology trends such as Ai, IoT, drones,
digital payment solutions, new eCommerce models and mobility are disrupting the
retail sector. This event will also delve into how to survive by harnessing new
technology to improve both Customer Experience and Operational
Confirmed speakers for Digital Retail
Forum 2019 include:
- Ben Williams , GM: Online at Exclusive Books
- Dr Mark Nasila, Chief Analytics Officer: Consumer Banking &
Chief Risk Office at First National Bank
- Alastair Tempest, CEO at e-commerce Forum Africa
- Stephen Mallaby, COO at Argility Technology Group
- Richard Phillips, Joint CEO at Cash Connect Management Solutions
- Felipe Penacoba Martinez, CIO Retail & Business Banking
at Santander UK
- Frans Van der Colff, Director at TIA
- Gareth Hawkey, CEO at redPanda Software
- Kofi Abunu, Chief Development Officer (Nigeria & Ghana) at
Food Concepts Plc
- Lesego Moagi, Marketing Executive at AutoZone South Africa
- Bradley Elliot, Founder at Platinum Seed
- Vian Chinner, CEO at Xineoh
- Warrick Kernes, CEO at Insaka eCommerce Academy
Key topics to be discussed:
- Leveraging data to understand customer segments, manage risks
and enhance decision making.
- Mapping your journey from brick-and-mortar to eCommerce.
- Leveraging mobile technology to enhance your in-store
- Making Mobile Payment for Everything a reality.
- Leveraging AI to impact your bottom line and CX.
- Real-World retail digital transformation stories.
- Order Fulfillment: Improving efficiency and speed of delivery.
- Understanding the key drivers within the South African retail
- Understanding the digital customer's journey.
- Utilizing technology to identify customer pain-points.
- Optimizing inventory management and supply chains with
- Closing the gap between technology and personalization.
- Customer engagement with interactive digital signage and
point-of-sale (POS) solutions.
- Delivering a technology platform that empowers the business and
- Assessing emerging retail models and technologies that will
define 2019 and beyond.
- Adapting to Generation Z -- "the digital shopper".
- The store of the future.
To register, speak or exhibit at the conference, visit: digitalretailforum.co.za [t]: 011 026
0982 [e]: email@example.com