52 students get food poisoning after eating school lunch

Update: September, 28/2018 - 12:00
A student of Ninh Xá Primary School is given medical care at Bắc Ninh General Hopsital after having lunch at school on Thursday. — VNA/VNS Photo Diệp Trương
Viet Nam News

BẮC NINH — Authorities in the northern province of Bắc Ninh are testing food samples taken from Ninh Xá Primary School as 52 students of the school suffered from food poisoning after eating lunch at school on Thursday.

After eating the school lunch, the students were reported to have headache, stomachache, vomiting and diarrhea.

They were taken to Bắc Ninh General Hospital and Bắc Ninh Province Maternity and Pediatric Hospital.

Doctor Nguyễn Văn Dũng, head of Communicable Diseases Department at Bắc Ninh General Hospial, said that the students were infected with bacteria or gastrointestinal disturbance.

All the students were discharged from the hospitals on Thursday night and Friday morning.

As many as 945 students of Ninh Xá Primary School ate lunch at school on Thursday. They had chicken noodles and grilled pork. — VNS