The Đà Nẵng International Fireworks Festival (DIFF) 2018 has entered the final stage, with the last show on June 30.
The organisers spoke to many spectators who have experienced the fireworks from a lot of places---from free entrances to costly places---to compile a list of the best spots to enjoy the firework finale between the two famous competitors: the United States and Italy.
Enjoy fireworks for free
Hàn river bridge, Thuận Phước bridge and Dragon bridge or Trần Thị Lý bridge---which are the inspiration for this year’s DIFF---as well as locations around Hàn river are some of the places where you can watch the fireworks for free. The reflections of the fireworks on the river will make for an unforgettable experience. But to enjoy the show it is advised to arrive early to claim the best spots near the bridge as a large number of tourists to Đà Nẵng city during the ongoing summer vacation can make the area quite crowded, drowning out the music.
Another option to watch the fireworks is the entrance to Sơn Trà mountains. The high attitude of the mountains will offer a panoramic view of the fireworks across the city. However, the distance may drown out the noise of the fireworks, reducing the impact of the show. This place is more suitable for photographers rather than spectators.
High-rise buildings offer good view, but with limitations
Many hotels and high-rise buildings near Hàn river, including Novotel, Green Plaza, A la Carte, Hòa Bình and Vincom building, are considered ideal places to enjoy the fireworks. Many of these hotels are offering attractive promotional packages, such as enjoying the fireworks with drinks for VNĐ1 million (US$43.67). Visitors to these hotels can order delicious food and drinks and sit with families and friends to watch the fireworks glitter in the horizon.
Besides the large hotels, many small hotels and restaurants along Trần Hưng Đạo street have also opened their terrace to spectators for an entrance fee of a few hundred thousand Việt Nam đồng per person.
However, one of the limitations of enjoying the festival from hotels is that most of them have closed glass windows for air conditioning, which will limit the noise of the fireworks, preventing spectators from enjoying the show in its full glory.
DIFF 2018 stand
The ideal choice for the audience to enjoy the show is on the stands around the banks of Hàn river. With a capacity of up to 17,000 people, offering comfortable seating near the main stage and opposite the fireworks display, the stands will provide a complete experience of the fireworks to the audience.
DIFF 2018 will blend together light and music for a grandiose show of multiple colours sparkling in the night sky of Da Nang.
Where to buy tickets
1. Sun World Ba Na Hills Sales Office, 93, Nguyễn Văn Linh street, Hải Châu district, Đà Nẵng city. Tel: 02363.749.891,hotline: 0905.766.777.
2. Sun World Đà Nẵng Wonders Ticket Office, 1, Phan Đăng Lưu street, Hải Châu district, Đà Nẵng city. Hotline: 0905.628.004.
3. Đà Nẵng Visitor Centre, 108, Bạch Đằng street, Hải Châu district, Đà Nẵng city. Tel: 02363.550.111.
4. Đà Nẵng Tourism Promotion Centre, 100, Núi Thành street, Hải Châu district, Đà Nẵng city. Hotline: 0905.029.393/0935.348.499.
5. Domestic Terminal-Đà Nẵng International Airport, Ngọc Phương Nghi Company (Sim Card point), Hotline: 0941.760.888
6. 60s Restaurant, 50, Ông Ích Khiêm street, Hải Châu district, Đà Nẵng city. Hotline: 0941.760.888.
7. Đà Nẵng Centre of Events and Festivals, 23, Trần Phú street, Hải Châu district, Đà Nẵng city. Tel: 02363.888.119.
The price of ticket for children less than 1m in height, who should be accompanied by parents,is VNĐ50,000 (US$2.2), inclusive of VAT (value-added tax). Anyone found without the appropriate ticket for both child and adult will not be allowed entry to the festival.