with Chef Pham Thanh My from Rooftop Bar & Restaurant
With its peppery, sweet taste, frog porridge is the perfect way to start the summer, with Chef Pham Thanh My.
Ingredients: serves 3
- 200g rice
- 60g pandan leaves
- 20g cooking oil
- 5g salt
- 1ltr water
- 10g spring onion
- 2 whole frogs
- 150g spring onion
- 15g fresh chilli
- 10g hot chilli powder
- 5g dried chilli flakes
- Oyster sauce
- Soak the rice in warm water for about 15 minutes, remove and drain.
- Boil the water in a large pan; add pandan leaves, salt and cooking oil.
- When the pandan has infused into the water, remove the leaves.
- Add the rice and cook until thick.
- Serve with chopped spring onion.
- Clean the frog and chop into medium pieces.
- Cook the frog gently in the oyster sauce for 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a clay pot on a high heat and add the chilli.
- Stir well until the frog is cooked through and fragrant.
- Add a sprig of spring onion, the sliced finger chilli and serve hot with the porridge.
If you don't want the frog to be too spicy, easy on the chilli and try adding a splash of red wine.
You can sample the dish at The Rooftop Bar & Restaurant, 19th floor, Pacific Place, 83B Ly Thuong Kiet St.