Updated  
January, 03 2014 09:21:14

Hue welcomes 3,500 international tourists on New Year's Day

HUE (VNS) - Phan Thanh Hai, director of Hue Monuments Conservation Centre said nearly 3,500 international tourists were the first visitors in Hue on the first day of 2014.

Turnover from ticket sales and other services reached VND390 million (US$18,570). The province plans to serve 2.8-3 million tourists, and receive VND2.8-2.9 trillion, up 16-18 per cent this year.

The tourism sector in the Mekong (Delta) province of Dong Thap also reported receiving more than 1.6 million visitors last year, of which 40,000 are international tourists.

The province's Department of Culture, Sports and Tourism said it would give priority to develop ecotourism, including the cajeput forest, lotus fields and waterways in Dong Thap Muoi, as well as the Oc Eo culture.

It aims at welcoming 1.85 million visitors including 42,000 international tourists this year, having VND297 billion in tourism's turnover. — VNS


Send Us Your Comments:
Name:
Your E-mail address:
Title:
 

VietNamNews may edit your comments and not all emails will be published.

Highlight

Tan Son Nhat Airport on verge of overloading Tan Son Nhat Airport on verge of overloading

HCM City's Tan Son Nhat Airport will be stretched beyond capacity in the next two years, making construction of the new Long Thanh airport in Dong Nai Province more urgent than ever, experts warn.

BIDV teams up with Japanese banks to facilitate investment BIDV teams up with Japanese banks to facilitate investment

The Bank for Investment and Development of Viet Nam (BIDV) has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with two Japanese banks, namely Minato Bank and the Bank of Yokohama (BOY).

Capital to host biotechnology fair Capital to host biotechnology fair

A three-day fair on technology and biological equipment will take place in the capital on October 21 organised by the National Agency for Science and Information Technology.

Rhino horn demand falls after campaign Rhino horn demand falls after campaign

Vietnamese demand for rhinoceros horns decreased by 38 per cent within a year after a campaign was launched against the practice.

My Lai survivor writes book My Lai survivor writes book

Pham Thanh Cong, 57, was one of only a dozen survivors of 1968's infamous My Lai massacre. More than four decades later, he has written a book about the mass murder, in which American soldiers killed 504 unarmed civilians.