with Executive Chef Phang Kim An from Shang Palace Restaurant of Norfolk Mansion in HCM City
If you enjoy eating vegetarian dishes, you're going to love Chef An's recipe for deep-fried sandwich roll stuffed with fresh materials like bean curd, cucumber and mushroom.
Ingredients: serves 1
- 4 psc sandwich 37g celery 37g carrot
- 37g cucumber
- 5g salt 15g cooking oil
- 1 box bean curd
- 37g drumstick mushroom
- 10g vegetarian seasoning
- tapioca starch, wheat flour.
- Grind well bean curd, then season with salt, vegetarian seasoning.
- Steam carrot to soft.
- Cut cucumber, steamed carrot, celery, drumstick mushroom into long pieces.
- Remove crust from the sandwiches.
- Roll sandwiches into thin layers, then put the vegetables, bean curd inside and roll it.
- Add water and tapioca starch and stir well; then soak sandwich rolls into the liquid, continue roll them in wheat flour and deep-fry until getting golden brown.
- Place all on a big white plate as shown.
This dish is offered on the menu at Shang Palace Restaurant on the first floor of Norfolk Mansion, 17-19-21 Ly Tu Trong St, District 1, HCM City. Tel: (08) 382 32221