Viet Nam News
with chef Kevin Phillip from Millenium Restaurant
Nothing beats this heat better than beef fillet with rosemary juice, accompanied by some potatoes. The dish is brought to you by chef Phillip.
Ingredients: serves 5
To make the meat:
1 fillet of beef (180g per person)
To make the sauce:
Beef fillet, trimmed
3 cloves of garlic
Thyme, laurel to taste
3 juniper berries
25cl red wine
To make the garnish:
Watermelon, pea and different herbs to taste
150g orange sweet potatoes
150g purple sweet potatoes
Salt, pepper, flour, breadcrumbs to taste
– Parse the beef tenderloin; put the trimmings in the oven at 200°C for 30 minutes.
– Cut the beef (about 180g).
– In a saucepan over high heat, add a little oil and fry the aromatic garnish, add the trimmings.
– Deglase with red wine and add water. Cook over low heat for about 1 hour then filter the juice and bind it.
– For the cromesquis of potato, prepare a puree. Once cold, form rolls of about 30g each and then breaded them to become flour-egg-crumbs.
– Make the sweet potato puree, once cooked, whisk and add butter until a fine texture is obtained.
– Prepare decoration, cook green peas, cut watermelon balls, and prepare the grass.
– Heat your grill and start cooking the beef fillets.
– Fry the cromesquis at 180°C.
– Make your plates according to your inspiration.
You can sample the dish at Millenium restaurant, 11B Bảo Khánh Lane, Hoàn Kiếm Dist, Hà Nội. Tel: (024) 38287 207.
chef Kevin Phillip