Viet Nam News
with junior sous chef Vũ Anh Đức from Sheraton Hanoi Hotel
These tiny birds have a lot of flavour for their size and suit both quick or slow cooking. One quail would make a generous starter or light supper for one person. Enjoy!
Ingredients: serves 1
1.2kg one whole quail
500g foie gras per slice
250g pig’s omental fat
300ml beef broth
200g fresh grenadine
200ml grenadine bottle
- Clean the quail, cut in half per serving. Remove fillet and drumstick.
- Remove the groin, leave drumstick bone.
- Separate fillet in two parts, first part with wings marinated with salt and peper, olive oil and rosemary.
- Slice fillet without the wings into pieces mixed with chestnut, salt, pepper, garden thyme and olive oil , then stuff them into the empty thigh part.
- Half-fry foie gras until it turns yellow and bake until fully cooked.
- Steam cook the chestnut with butter for 40 minutes, then grind it with butter, milk, pepper and salt.
- Remove the grenadine shell, and take the beans
- Boil the grenadine juice with beef broth and add sugar if needed.
- Display the crushed chestnuts and asparagus, place the foie gras on top, then the quail thigh, add some genadine juice sace and decorate with fresh grenadine.
You can sample the dish at Sheraton Hanoi Hotel, K5 Nghi Tàm, 11 Xuân Diệu St, Tây Hồ Dist, Hà Nội. Tel: +(84)4 3719 9000. Website: sheraton.com/hanoi, sheratonhanoi.com.