seafood water melon
Viet Nam News
with chef Nguyễn Văn Tuân from Fortuna Hanoi Hotel
Well-known as a summer treat in Hong Kong, the soup is sometimes praised as “the fountain of life”. A good soup is believed to increase the appetite and provide as much nutrients as the rest of the meal. Let’s try out this sweet soup which will knock your socks off!
Ingredients: serves 1
500g winter melon
20g crab meat
10g scallops, dried
10g Shiitake mushrooms
10g snakehead fish
150ml mixed soup
- - Rinse the winter melon, peel the rind and divide it into thick slices.
- - Remove the pulp and seeds from the melon slices, then dip them into boiling water for couple of minutes, before placing them on the dish.
- - Slice the seafood above into small pieces and half-boil them before putting them onto the winter melon.
- - Boil the special soup from pork bones, then pour over the winter melon slices with mixed seafood inside.
- - Put the dishes into the steamer for 10 minutes.
You can sample this dish at Fortuna Hanoi Hotel, 6B Láng Hạ St, Ba Đình Dist, Hà Nội. Tel: 84.4. 3831 3333, ext 6435.