Viet Nam News
A recipe from Jean-Francois Nulli, chef de cuisine at the JW Marriott Hanoi Hotel
Being invented in 1950 by Giuseppe Cipriani from Harry’s Bar in Venice and popularised during the second half of the 20th century, carpaccio (beef or salmon, tuna) can turn into a magical experiment when combined with beetroot. The dish is presented by chef Nulli.
Ingredient: serves 1
50g mesclun salad
20g egg yolk
2 pcs langoustines
- Slowly boil beetroot in 2 hours.
- Chop and mix 5g onions, 20g capers, 20g cornichons, 10g paisley all together.
Making savora ice-cream:
- Beat egg and sugar.
- Cook milk and cream at 800C.
- Add 800C milk cream into the egg mixture and cook on low fire in 5 mins, then add savora mustard.
- Beetroot is base.
- Put tartare above the base.
- Place mesclun salad on tartare.
- Put langoustines and savora ice cream on top.
You can sample the dish at JW Marriott Hanoi Hotel, 8 Đỗ Đức Dục Road, Mễ Trì Dist, South Từ Liêm, Hà Nội. Tel: (04) 38335588. Website: www.jwmarriotthanoi.com, www.facebook.com/frenchgrill, www.instagram.com/french_grill.
Chef Jean-Francois Nulli