Viet Nam News
with la table du chef Alain Dutournier from Press Club Hanoi
Celebrate Spring with a whole new flavour, created by two star Michelin chef Dutournier. Cheers!
Ingredients: serves 1
120g fresh tiger prawn (3 prawns)
To make the marinade for the prawns:
- 100g Hazelnut oil
- 50g mirin
- 50g lemon juice
- 1.5g imported espelette chilli
- 9g salt
To make the whipping cream:
- 17g prawn cream sauce
- 5g whipping cream
- 1/10 pcs gelatine
- 0.15g pearl lemon
- 20g sliced beetroot
- 5g grilled and peeled hazelnut
- Caroube, salt to taste
- 15g broccoli
- 15g cauliflower violet
- Put the ingredients for the sauce into the blender.
- Wash the peeled prawn thoroughly under water and drain. Put them into the marinade sauce for 3-5 minutes.
- Mix the lemon juice with gelatine liquid, drop in to the cold oil then put in the fridge, the mixture is called pearl lemon.
- Sauté the shrimp shells with olive oil, ginger and shallot, add white wine, whipping cream and cognac then cook for 45 mins to 1 hour, pour into the mixer, blend and filter.
- Soak the gelatine in water for about 15-20 minutes then steam to get liquid.
- Mix the prawn sauce with whipping cream, gelatine liquid, caroube, then add salt and espelette chilli. Put the mixture in chiffon, shake well.
- Using the chiffon, pour the sauce on the plate then arrange the cauliflower violet. Chop the grilled peeled hazelnut then place the marinated prawn on top of the vegetables, finally adding pearl lemon and dill to garnish.
You can sample the dish at Press Club Hanoi, 12 Lý Đạo Thành St, Hoàn Kiếm Dist, Hà Nội.