Viet Nam News
with chef Nguyễn Chí Trung from Hanoi Daewoo Hotel
Tired of saturated fat food? Try a cool flavour with lightly sour pomelo, sweet prawns and a harmonious blend of sugar, lime juice, chilli and fish sauce. The dish is guaranteed to arouse your taste buds and stimulate new sensations.
Ingredients: serves 1
- 1 pomelo (1kg)
- 300g Asian tiger prawns
- 1/3 tsp fish sauce
- 2g garlic, chopped
- 5g sugar
- 1 lime
- Chilli, coriander, tomatoes to taste
Method:- Peel pomelo, take out the seeds.
- Boil prawns for five mins until they change colour to red or orange, then peel them.
- Make a mixture of sugar, lime juice, chopped garlic and chopped chilli.
- Spread mixture with the pomelo and prawns.
- Present on dish with coriander and tomatoes.
The dish can be sampled at Silk Road Restaurant, located on 2nd floor of Hanoi Daewoo Hotel, 360 Kim Mã St, Ba Đình Dist, Hà Nội. For more information and reservation, contact 043 8315000, ext 3230 or visit www.daewoohotel.com.