Viet Nam News
with executive sous chef Patrick Morris from the Sheraton Hanoi Hotel
Summertime is loved for its fruity treats and icing sorbets. Be prepared to be tempted by the flavour of raspberry again this week!
Ingredients: serves 1
· 2 cups frozen unsweetened raspberries (do not use raspberries in light syrup)
· 5 egg yolks
· 1⁄3 cup of Grand Marnier
· 1 tsp milk
· 3 tsp vanilla
· 1⁄2 cup white sugar
· 3 cups whipping cream
· 1⁄4 cup seedless raspberry jam
- Place yolks in top of a double boiler. Whisk in Grand Marnier, milk and 2 teaspoons of vanilla until combined. Slowly whisk in sugar.
- Place over a saucepan of simmering water. Continuously whisk yolk mixture until pale yellow in colour, for 4 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Leave it in the fridge (uncovered), until cold.
- In a large mixing bowl whip 2 cups of cream until soft peaks form.
- Stir one third of cream into cold egg mixture.
- Fold in remaining cream until no yellow streaks remain.
- Pour in to individual moulds and freeze until firm.
You can sample the dish on the second floor, Sheraton Hà Nội Hotel, K5 Nghi Tàm St, 11 Xuân Diệu Road, Tây Hồ Dist, Hà Nội. Tel: 3719 9000/ 0903 420 955.