Viet Nam News -
Ông Táo’s Kitchen with Executive Sous Chef Patrick Morris from Sheraton Hanoi Hotel
Avocado and Crab Gratin
Summer is seafood and fruit time! There is no better way to wallow in this season than having a plate of avocado and crab gratin.
Ingredients: serves 1
- 1 avocado
- 25g shallot, thin slice
- 10g garlic, thin slice
- 20g bacon, chopped
- 100g fresh blue swimmer crab meat
- 20g gorgonzola cheese
- 20g parmesan cheese
- 150ml cooking cream
- 10g Italian parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 20ml white wine
- In a hot pan, add garlic, shallots and bacon. Lightly sauté for 2 min, then add crab sauté for 1 more min, add white wine and stir the mixture well (to dissolve the garlic, shallots, bacon and crab).
- Add cream and bring to boil. Once boiling, reduce heat and add Gorgonzola cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until sauce has a nice consistency.
- Cut avocado in half and scoop avocado out of the skin (don’t break skin--keep for serving). Dice avocado and add avocado and parsley to the mixture.
- Do not boil again. Coat the avocado with cream mixture and put it back into the skin. Top with Parmesan cheese and grill until golden.
You can sample the dish on the second floor, Sheraton Hà Nội Hotel, K5 Nghi Tàm St, 11 Xuân Diệu Road, Tây Hồ Dist, Hà Nội. Tel: 3719 9000/ 0903 420 955.