with executive chef Desmond Carneiro of Pullman Vung Tau
This Tet, be inspired by vibrant Vietnamese flavours in Tex-Mex style. Let us try tender and juicy beef tacos, a recipe by chef Carneiro from Riviera restaurant.
Ingredients: Serves 1
- 1/2lb beef flap meat, slice thinly and cut into 1 inch strips
- 1 cucumber, sliced very thinly into matchsticks
- 1 tsp garlic, finely minced
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 3 tsp fish sauce
- 4 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 cilantro bunch, chopped
- Corn tortillas to taste
- Pickled daikon and carrots
- Whisk together the garlic, fish sauce, soy sauce, brown sugar, pepper, and olive oil in a large bowl. Add the sliced beef and mix well to coat each slice. Add contents in a large Ziploc storage bag and marinade overnight in the refrigerator.
- Place a wide pan over medium-high heat, (can also use electric griddle or BBQ Grill). Coat pan with olive oil. Add the beef slices in batches, laying them flat in a single layer, carefully not to overcrowd the pan. Grill for 30 seconds to 1 minute and flip each slice, repeating on the other side.
- Remove the beef slices when they are just slightly charred, but not overcooked. Drain off and reserve the juices. Repeat, brushing pan with additional oil when necessary, until all the beef slices are grilled.
- On one or two (doubled) corn tortillas, add 2 or 3 slices of beef and top it with a desired amount of pickled daikon/carrots, cucumber, and cilantro.
You can sample the dish at Riviera Restaurant, Pullman Vung Tau, 15 Thi Sach St, Thang Tam Ward, Vung Tau City. For enquiries or reservations, call 064 355 1777.