with chef Patrick Morris from Sheraton Ha Noi Hotel
When it's getting colder, sit back, relax and warm up yourself with a new creation from chef Morris of Hemispheres Steak & Seafood Grill restaurant.
Ingredients: serves 2
- 20g oyster mushroom
- 20g Swiss brown mushroom
- 20g Shimeji mushroom
- 20g Shiritaki mushroom
- 360g Venison tenderloin
- 100g asparagus
- 100g baby carrot
- 50g shallot
- 1kg beef bone
- 200g carrot
- 200g onion
- 200g celery
- 2 pcs bay leaf
- 5g pepper corn
- 2g thyme
- 2g rosemary
- 1 bottle red wine
- 100g tomato paste
- 20g truffle mushroom
For cooking sauce
- Chop carrot, onion and celery into small pieces.
- Roast beef bone until brown. Then brush the bone with tomato paste. Put bones into the oven and bake for 5 - 10 mins at 180oC.
- Add vegetable and bone in a pot, fill with water. Add in bay leaf, pepper corn, thyme and rosemary.
- Bring to boil and then turn down the heat to shimmer for 4 - 6 hours.
- Take beef bone and vegetable out and strain until having a fine strainer.
- In a new pot, add in red wine and cook until the wine reduces half portion. Add beef stark and let shimmer until the sauce insistently.
- In a pan, add shallot inside and cover with olive oil then cook slowly under 120oC for 1 hour.
- Sautee mushroom in a pan with butter.
- Peal baby carrot, half cook with boiled water. Put carrot, salt, pepper and olive oil in a pan, cook for 10 mins.
- Trim asparagus and boil in 2 mins.
- Trim all the silver skin in venison and cut into 2 pieces of 180g. Season the meat with taste. Place in a hot pan with olive oil and cook until medium rare.
- In a plate, put the venison tenderloin together with mushroom, asparagus, carrot, then cover with a nice firm sauce.
You can sample the dish at floor 2, Sheraton Ha Noi Hotel, K5 Nghi Tam St, 11 Xuan Dieu Road, Tay Ho Dist, Ha Noi. Tel: 3719 9000/ 0903 420 955.