with chef Dao Giang Huong from Sofitel Legend Metropole Hanoi
Enjoy the first day of new year with a new fruity dish to light up your tastebud!
Ingredients: serves 4
- 4 pcs fairly ripe banana
- 150g sticky rice
- 250ml coconut juice
- 250ml coconut milk
- 50g sago seeds
- 40g brown sugar
- 50g butter
- 40g rock sugar
- 2 tsp roasted and crushed peanut
- 4 pcs banana leaf (size 20x30cm)
- Rinse the sticky rice, cook it in coconut juice and 4 tsp coconut cream.
- In a pan, heat brown sugar until caramel colour, add butter, put peeled banana in the caramel butter sauce to cook for about two minutes, turn banana evenly.
- Spread out sticky rice in thin layer on each banana leaf, put the caramelised banana in the middle, roll it up.
- Boil the sago seeds in water until it turn transparent, refresh it in iced water.
- Cook a light syrup with 150ml water, the rest of coconut milk and the rock sugar, add cooked sago seeds. Divide syrup in four bowls.
- Grill rolled banana in leaf on the BBQ or in the oven. Take out the leaf, cut each banana in two or three pieces, place it in sago syrup. Add roasted peanut on top. Decorate with some mint leaf or grated fresh coconut.
You can sample the dish at Sofitel Legend Metropole Hanoi, 5 Ngo Quyen St, Hoan Kiem Dist, Ha Noi. Tel: 04 3826 6919.