with head chef Kenji Tam from Fortuna Hotel Ha Noi
Experience the delicious Seaweed Pasta, a recipe by head Chef Kenji Tam of Emperor restaurant. The authentic flavour of fresh Italian spaghetti is perfectly combined with special chef's home-made Nori seaweed paste. Simple yet delicacy, the seaweed pasta will indulge your palate with the unique taste of the sea.
Ingredient: serves 2
- 200g spaghetti
- 4 tsp Nori seaweed paste
- A little Nori seaweed
- 50g baby mushroom
- 50g Shiitake mushroom
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic, crushed
- 1 nos dried chilli
- A little salt
To make home-made Nori seaweed paste:
- 5 pcs Nori seaweed
- 150cc water
- A little salt
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp Kikoman soy sauce
- 2 tsp Mirin (sweet sake)
- 1 tsp sake
For Nori seaweed paste:
- Cut Nori seaweed into small pieces, then put into the pot with the water, boiling at the medium heat.
- After the Nori seaweed become soft, add all ingredients into the pot.
- Turn down the heat to a low level to stew the mixture.
- Add more salt until the mixture tastes good.
- Boiled spaghetti with a bit salt and olive oil in the pot.
- Heat a pan with olive oil to stir fry garlic and dried chilli.
- Add shiitake and baby mushrooms and a little boiled spaghetti water into the pan.
- Add Nori seaweed paste and spaghetti into the pan, then stir fry well.
- Arrange the spaghetti on a serving plate and top with sliced Nori seaweed.
You can sample the dish at Fortuna Hotel Ha Noi, 6B Lang Ha St, Ba Dinh Dist, Ha Noi. For information and reservation, contact (04) 3831 3333 - ext 6160/6461 or visit fortuna.vn. Tel: (+84 - 4) 3831 3333 - 6434/6435/6437.