with chef Raphael Szurek from JW Marriott Ha Noi Hotel
Embark on a culinary journey to Lyon this week with a classic recipe from Chef Raphael Szurek at French Grill, JW Marriott Ha Noi. The balance between the fresh aroma of asparagus royale and crunchiness of bread chips will bring you a unique tasting experience.
Ingredients: serves 4
- 700g asparagus
- 80g shallots, chopped
- 80g butter
- 0.2l cream
- 0.3l chicken stock
- Salt & pepper to taste 1 pcs per 0.5l egg
For bread chips:
- 1 pcs old bread
- 75g clarified butter
- 12 pcs asparagus, shaved
- 12 pcs asparagus, blanched
- 4 Parma ham, slices
- Peel the asparagus and save the tips for the end of the recipe. Chop the bodies in small pieces.
- In a pot, melt the butter and sweat the shallots, add asparagus and cover with chicken stock. Boil for a few minutes until tender. Add cream and blend. Correct the seasoning. Chill.
- Add one egg per 0.5l of asparagus. Dispose in a bowl, cover with cling film and steam for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Freeze the old bread and slice it very thinly with a slicing machine. With a brush apply clarified butter on both side and cook at 100oC in the oven for an hour between two heavy sheets. Cool down, keep in a dry place.
- Serve the royale at room temperature and garnish with the ham and asparagus.
You can sample the dish at French Grill, JW Marriott Hotel Ha Noi, 8 Do Duc Duc Rd, Me Tri, South Tu Liem, Ha Noi. Tel: +84 3833 5588, hotline: +84 904 897 526.