with head chef Kenji Tam from Fortuna Hotel Ha Noi
A familiar version of tempura, Salmon Kushiage, a recipe by head chef Kenji Tam is well-loved for its delicious combination of Norwegian salmon with tasty panko deep fried on a bamboo skewer and dipped in juice sauces.
Ingredients: serves 2
- 8 diced cubes salmon
- 1 stock leek
- 1 pcs egg
- ½ tsp salt
- 4 tsp wheat flour
- 50g wheat flour Breadcrumb (Panko) as necessary
- Frying oil as necessary Pepper to taste
- 3 bamboo skewers
- Season salmon diced cubes with salt and pepper.
- Cut leek into 3cm pieces.
- Spear 1 salmon cube, 1 piece of leek, another salmon cube and leek into 1 bamboo skewer.
- Batter it with wheat flour, then with egg and coat with Panko breadcrumbs.
- Heat oil in wok and deep-fry skewers until brown and crispy.
- Drain on a paper towel and arrange on a serving plate.
You can sample this dish at Salmon Celebrations, available on 5 Saturdays dinners fortnightly on July 4th & 25th, August 1st, 15th & 29th at Fortuna Hotel Ha Noi, 6B Lang Ha Str, Ba Dinh Dist, Ha Noi. Tel: (04) 3831 3333, ext 6160.