with Executive Chef Matthew Donnellan from Pullman Saigon Centre
Chef Matthew Donnellan of Sydney started his career as an apprentice chef and gained experience in hands-on environments learning from the best chefs in Australia. This week's recipe is special because of the cucumber and dill salsa, mascarpone cocktail sauce and avocado puree that accompany the chilled coconut wasabi prawns.
Ingredients: serves 5
- 10 prawns
- 50ml mayonnaise
- 5ml wasabi
- 100g shredded coconut meat
- 50g cucumber
- 20g shallots
- 5g dill
- 10ml extra virgin olive oil
- Mascarpone cocktail dressing:
- 80g Mascarpone
- 30ml tomato ketchup
- 2ml Tabasco sauce
- 20ml mayonnaise
- Avocado puree:
- 60g ripe avocado
- 5ml lime
- Poach prawns; chill after cooking and remove the shell, leaving only the tail.
- Mix a little wasabi with the mayonnaise to taste, and season with salt and pepper. Evenly coat the prawns with the mayonnaise mix, and then crumble the coconut on the prawns.
- For the salsa, cut the cucumber and shallots into very small cubes. Separate the dill into small sprigs and add to the mix. Add extra virgin olive oil and season to taste.
- Puree the avocado until it is creamy, adding freshly squeezed lime juice and season to taste.
You can sample the dish at Pullman Saigon Centre, 148 Tran Hung Dao Boulevard, District 1, HCM City, Tel: +84 08 3838 8686.