with executive chef Nguyen Thanh Van from Sofitel Legend Metropole Ha Noi
This Sunday, let's wipe out the hotness of summer with a new signature dish from the hotel's prestigious chef. Have fun savouring the dish!
Ingredients: serves 1
- 100g lotus seeds
- 300g fresh longans
- 200g sugar
- 1,200ml water
- Cover the lotus seeds with water, leave for two hours and wash them under running water. Peel the brown skin of the seeds.
- Cook the lotus seeds in water, reduce fire and simmer. The seeds must be well cooked but not broken.
- Remove the seeds from the pot and set aside. Add sugar to the juice, bring back to a boil to dissolve the sugar.
- Peel the longans, discard the pits and put a lotus seed in their place.
- Arrange the longans stuffed with lotus in individual bowls. Pour the sweet juice and let it cool down.
- Serve cold.
You can sample the dish at Sofitel Legend Metropole Ha Noi, 15 Ngo Quyen St, Hoan Kiem Dist, Ha Noi. Tel: +84 4 3826 6919, ext: 8242.