with chef Kenji Tam from Fortuna Hotel Ha Noi
Literally mean "a mixture of things", Chanpon, a Japanese ramen speciality from Nagasaki, is loved for its fusion style and deliciously flavour. A must try for ramen lovers!
Ingredients: serves 1
- 150g ramen noodles
- 30g pork slice
- 30g mixed seafood
- 50g cabbage
- 30g onion
- 20g carrot
- 40g bean sprouts
- 5 pcs green beans
- 20g ear mushrooms
- 12 pcs Japanese fish cake
- salt and pepper to taste
- cooking oil to taste
For Chanpon sauce:
- 1 small spoon each chicken stock, pork stock, hondashi (fish stock)
- 1 big spoon sake
- 1 big spoon mirin (Japanese sweet sake)
- 2 big spoon milk
- 1/2 big spoon Japanese soy sauce
- 400cc water
- Put all the ingredients into the pot, cook and turn off the fire before boiling.
- Wash the green beans and ear mushrooms.
- Cut the cabbage in big slides and carrot with onion into julienne strips.
- Slice the pork meat and fish cake into bite-sized pieces.
- Heat the oil in a wok over high heat then stir-fry pork slices and mix seafood until fragrant.
- Add in carrot, onion, cabbage and bean sprouts to stir-fry.
- Add Japanese fish cake, green beans, ear mushrooms with salt and pepper.
- Stir-fry for a while then add the noodles and the sauce to stir fry until nearly drying out.
- Add in some lard, pepper and crushed garlic before serving on plate.
Chanpon will be available from March 1, 2015 at Tiffin All Day Dining and Emperor Restaurant, Fortuna Hotel Ha Noi, 6B Lang Ha St, Ba Dinh Dist, Ha Noi with price VND1185,000++/order. For information and reservation, kindly contact (04) 3831 3333, ext 6160/6461 or visit fortuna.vn.