with Jamie Celaya, chef de cuisine of Park Hyatt Sai Gon's Square One Restaurant
Before joining Park Hyatt Sai Gon, the Illinois-born chef worked in various luxury restaurants in the Hyatt Hotels Corporation. Describing "Catch of the Day," he says "It is a simple name, but a refined dish."
Ingredients: serves 1
To make Parma ham emulsion:
- 200g rendered fat from Parma ham
- 100g heavy whipping cream
- 100g chicken stock
- 5g agar agar
- Infused fresh thyme, fresh garlic, salt and white peppercorns
To make emulsion, combine the ingredients, season to taste and transfer to an ISI foam gun. Charge with one cartridge and keep warm.
To make brown butter sauce:
- 200g butter
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 2 small cloves of garlic
- 20g capers
- 10g lemon flesh
- Melt the butter with garlic and thyme in a heavy skillet until golden brown, and until the nuts give off a nice aroma. Add in the capers and broken lemon flesh. Keep aside.
For honey-glazed baby carrots:
- 20g locally source baby carrots
- 3g shallots
- 3g butter
- 10g chicken stock
- 5g Da Lat honey
- 2g parsley, chopped
Finishing and plating:
- Pan-roast your fillet of fish (choose any catch of the day that is white-flesh fish, season to taste with salt, pepper and butter.
- Serve the fish with the carrots, ham emulsion and accompany it with the brown butter, caper and lemon sauce.
- Add your favourite vegetables, broccoli, mushrooms, spinach, or others and enjoy.
Catch of the Day is served for lunch and dinner at the hotel's Square One restaurant, 2 Lam Son Square, District 1, HCM City. For reservations, please visit parkhyattsaigon.com or call +84 8 3824 1234.