with executive sous chef Nguyen Thanh Van from Sofitel Legend Metropole Ha Noi
Enjoy another traditional speciality from one of the best hotels of the city!
Ingredients: serves 4
- 1.3 small ladles of rice flour
- 2 ladles of water
- Few drops of turmeric juice
- 1kg live swimming crab
- 300g leek flower stems
- 100g sliced onion
- 30g julienned black mushrooms
- 20g spring onion
- 1 sheet julienned Nori
- Shallots, garlic, salt, fish sauce, pepper to taste
- One each carrot, celery, leek
- 60g julienned jicama and carrot
- Sliced ngo herbs
- Fresh red radish to taste
- Mix rice flour with water and let rest.
- Clean crab very well. Cook in water just enough to cover and add roughly chopped carrot, leek and celery. Take out when crab is cooked. Shell and keep crab meat. Saute crab coral with shallots and garlic. Mix in blender with rice dough. Make steamed rice crepe with this dough.
- Stir-fry chopped shallot, garlic, black mushroom, sliced onion, carrot, jicama and crab meat. Season with fish sauce and pepper. Add a few drops of turmeric juice and spring onion.
- Saute leek flower stems with a little carrot and put in the middle of the plate. Wrap crab meat in the rice crepe and tie with a blanched spring onion.
- Put mixed salad with sliced red radishon both sides. Top with a little hot and sour sauce and caviar de Duc.
You can sample the dish at Sofitel Legend Metropole Ha Noi, 15 Ngo Quyen St, Hoan Kiem Dist, Ha Noi. Tel: +84 4 3826 6919 ext 8702.