with chef Raphael Szurek from JW Marriott Hotel Ha Noi
Discover slow cooked cod fish - an exclusive creation from chef Raphael at French Grill restaurant. The delight of fresh cod fish added with flavourful and creamy sauce from clamps and herbs creates a unique tasting experience.
Ingredients: serves 4
- 150g cod fish fillet
- 5ml olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 pcs live clams
- 50g shallot, sliced
- 50g parsley, stems
- 20ml olive oil
- 100ml white wine
- 200g celery root
- 50g onion sliced
- 100g cream
For parsley jus:
- 50ml clams juice
- 50g parsley leaves
- Season the fish with salt, pepper and olive oil and place into vacuum bags. Remove air and seal.
- Heat up a water bath at 51oC and cook the cod fish for 15 minutes. Once cooked, remove from the bag and sear on one side to obtain golden brown colour.
- In a pot, heat up olive oil with shallot and parsley steams. Add clams and white wine. Cover the pot and cook until the clams are completely opened. Keep the juice and strain.
- In a pot, sweat butter with onions, add celery root cut in dices. Sweat and cover with cream. Slowly cook until celery is soft. Blend and correct the seasoning.
- Bring the clam's juice to a boil, add parsley leaves and blend. Cool down on ice.
- Plate as picture and garnish with micro herbs.
You can sample the dish at JW Marriott Hanoi, 8 Do Duc Duc Rd, Me Tri Ward, South Tu Liem, Ha Noi. Tel. +84 4 3833 5588.