with Chef Patrick Ho from Fortuna Hotel Ha Noi
To pave the way for upcoming Christmas, Fortuna Hotel Ha Noi brings you tasty Quiche Lorraine, a recipe by Chef Patrick Ho from Tiffin All Day Dining. Guest can savour the open-faced pastry with a filling of delicate custard, onion and smoked bacon. This is sure to captures the exquisite flavour of the season!
Ingredients: serves 6
- 2 sheets ready-made shortcrust pastry
- 15 ml olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 4-6 pcs rashers bacon, finely diced
- 120g shredded Gruyere cheese
- 3 eggs nos
- 10 g English chives
- 1 tsp plain flour
- ¼ tsp grated nutmeg
- 300ml cream
- 120ml milk
- Preheat oven to 200oC. Lightly grease a pie pan 3cm deep, 23cm base, and loose-base flan pan.
- Line base and sides of flan with pastry. Trim excess. Line pastry with baking paper. Half-fill with dried beans. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove paper and beans. Bake a further 10 minutes or until golden.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add bacon to fry until lightly brown then stir in onion to fry till transparency. Drain on paper towels. Sprinkle over pastry and top with cheese.
- Reduce oven temperature to 180oC. Whisk remaining ingredients with salt and pepper in a bowl. Pour over bacon. Place onto tray. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until set. Serve hot.
Located on the 1st floor of Fortuna Hotel Ha Noi, 6B Lang Ha St, Ba Dinh Dist, Ha Noi, Tiffin All Day Dining is renowned with local and authentic Singaporean favourite.
For more information or enquiries, please call Tiffin All Day Dining at (04) 3831 3333 ext. 6160 or visit fortuna.vn.