with chef Nguyen Hoai Anh from Ha Noi Daewoo Hotel
This month, you are offered an exclusive chance to explore the Japanese way of life in an authentic atmosphere through its local delights "Kamameshi" - a traditional Japanese rice dish cooked in an iron pot called "Kama" will be available at the hotel's EDO restaurant. The Kamameshi (Japanese Styled Salmon Kamameshi) is now presented to you by chef Nguyen Hoai Anh from Edo Restaurant.
Ingredients: serves 1
- 200g salmon
- 150g rice
- 5 pcs pea
- 160ml water
- 18ml Mirin (a kind of Japanese sweet wine)
- 18ml Japanese Kikkoman soy sauce
- 2g Hondashi (fish powder)
- 1 stone pot or clay pot
- 100g salmon eggs
To make rice cooking mixture:
- Dissolve mirin, kikkoman, hondashi and water together.
- Clean rice and dry it. Cook with the mixture above in about 30 to 40 minutes in low temperature heat (30-50oC).
- Cut salmon into pieces at 2cm thick, boiled in low heat with soy sauce and mirin in 5 minutes; adjust amount of soy sauce to fit your taste.
- After rice is well cooked, present the salmon as in the photo; put the salmon eggs in the middle.
- Put pea above in salmon, cover about 2-3 minutes for pea to be well-cooked.
- The dish can be served hot with Miso soup.
You can sample the dish at Edo Restaurant, Ha Noi Daewoo Hotel, 360 Kim Ma St, Ba Dinh Dist, Ha Noi. The hotel's Kamameshi promotion menu features various traditional dishes such as rice cooked with eel, chicken, salmon, scallops and more. Price from VND210,000 to VND1,100,000. For more information or reservation, please contact: (04) 38315000 ext 3044.