with chef Kenji Tam from Fortuna Hotel Ha Noi
Yakisoba - the Japanese-style fried noodles, a recipe by chef Kenji Tam, is simple to prepare and well loved for its flavourful delight. The delicate soba noodles are pan-fried to perfection with thinly sliced pork, the "Benishoga" red pickled ginger, fresh cabbage and bean sprouts in sweet and savory Tonkotsu sauce. Top with fresh green onions and Nori seaweed, this dish is a must for everyone!
Ingredients: serve 1
- 150g Yakisoba noodles
- 150g boneless pork rib, thinly sliced
- 50g cabbage, chopped
- 20g green bell pepper, cored and chopped
- 10g carrot, cut into thin rectangles
- 10g green onions, sliced
- 5g ao-nori (dried green seaweed)
- 5g benishoga (red pickled ginger)
- 30g tonkotsu sauce
- 10g salt and pepper
- 10g hondashi
- 30g bean sprouts
- Boil the noodles for 1 minute, drain and rinse well with cold water then set aside.
- In a pan, heat oil on medium heat. Stir-fry the pork until almost cooked, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Add carrots, cabbage, and green bell pepper in the pan and stir-fry for a couple of minutes.
- Mix all things above with noodles, bean sprouts and sauce, then stir quickly for few minutes.
- Plate the yakisoba and sprinkle with Nori seaweed, red pickled ginger and green onions to garnish.
You can sample the dish at Emperor Restaurant, 2nd floor of Fortuna Hotel Ha Noi, 6B Lang Ha St, Ba Dinh Dist, Ha Noi. The restaurant is well-known for its sushi, sashimi along with other crafted Japanese delight. For enquiries and reservations, kindly contact Emperor Restaurant at (04) 3831 3333 - ext 6160 or visit fortuna.vn.