with Executive Chef Trinh Cuong from the Moevenpick Hotel Ha Noi
Chimichanga is a deep-fried burrito that is popular in the American southwest, Tex-Mex cuisine and the Mexican states of Sinaloa and Sonora. Today, Chef Trinh Cuong brings this dish to your table for you to enjoy!
- 500g piquant sauce or salsa
- 500g roasted chicken breast
- 350g grated Cheddar cheese
- 150g tomato, peeled and diced
- 50g red onion, diced
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3g salt
- 20g coriander, finely chopped 20 (8 inch) flour tortillas
For the toppings:
- Guacamole, sour cream, shredded lettuce and diced tomato
- Combine half of the piquant sauce with the chicken, onion, cumin, salt and coriander in a Dutch oven.
- Cook over a medium low heat, stirring often, then wait for 25 minutes or until most of the liquid evaporates.
- Spoon the mixture into the centre of the tortillas, and top with 2 teaspoons of cheese.
- Fold in all four sides of the tortilla to form a rectangle, and secure with toothpicks.
- Place folded side down on greased baking sheets, and coat with cooking spray.
- Bake at 180oC for 8 minutes, then turn and bake for a further 5 minutes.
- Remove picks, and top with the remaining piquant sauce and desired toppings.
You can sample the dish at the Moevenpick Hotel Ha Noi, 83A Ly Thuong Kiet St, Hoan Kiem Dist, Ha Noi. Tel: +84 4 38 22 28 00 ext. 6133.
*On November 8th, the all-day-dining Mangosteen Restaurant comes alive with the sizzle and spice of true Texan and Mexican cuisine at the Moevenpick Hotel Ha Noi's TexMex Food Festival, which opens from 6.30 pm until 10 pm. The price at VND 525,000 per person, exclusive of service charge and applicable government tax, including a welcome margarita cocktail, as well as free flow draft beer and soft drinks. Children between the ages of 6 and 12 are served half price, while those under the age of six are free.