with chef Kenji Tam from Ha Noi Fortuna Hotel
(Japanese Grilled Chicken Skewers)
"Yaki" means grilled and "tori" is chicken. Known as a popular snack in Japan, succulent Japanese grilled chicken skewer, a recipe by Chef Kenji Tam, will definitely please any discerning Japanese food lovers.
Ingredient: serves 2
- 10 bamboo skewers
- Teriyaki Sauce to taste
- 2 pcs boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- Salt to taste
- 100g chicken gizzard
- 100g Chicken Liver
- A little Chicken Skin
To make Teriyaki Sauce:
- 4 kg Chicken Bone
- 10 cloves Garlic
- 4 Baro onion
- Pepper horn to taste
- 900ml Sake
- 900ml Japanese sauce
- 1kg Sugar Lump (square shape)
- ¼ bottle Singapore black sauce
- 900ml Fuji sauce
- 1.8l Hon Mizin
- 1.8l Water
To make the sauce:
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan. Stir the mixture well. Pour in the sugar and stir well. Put it on medium heat and bring to a boil in 90 minutes. Turn down the heat to low and simmer for a couple minutes. Stop the heat and cool the mixture.
To make the Yakitori Chicken:
- Cut chicken, liver, gizzard and chicken skin into 1/2 inch per pieces. Tread onto skewers then grill.
- Grill over high heat until the chicken is charred around the edges on all four sides and cooked through.
- Pour Teriyaki sauce over skewers coating the chicken evenly.
- Serve with quail eggs.
This dish can be enjoyed in Sushi All You Can Eat - Eat 3 Pay 2 at Emperor Japanese Restaurant, Fortuna Hotel Ha Noi, 6B Lang Ha St, Ba Dinh Dist, Ha Noi. Tel: 04-3831 3333, ext 6160.