with Executive Chef Richard Wilson from the Nam Hai Resort and Hotel
This week, bath yourself in a rich menu from one of the finest hotels in Hoi An. Bon appetite!
Ingredients: serves 4
- 200g (4 pcs) of Barramundi or similar white fish
- 50g butter
- 1kg sweet potato, cooked and diced
- 2 hard boiled eggs, grated zest of 4 limes
- 50g chopped herbs, chervil, parsley and chives Lemon and Sabayon olive oil
- 4 egg yolks
- 20ml reduced white wine
- 400ml olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 200ml fresh cream
To prepare the sweet potato salad:
- Bring the cream to the boil until it thickens and toss in the sweet potato, herbs, grated egg and lime zest. Season and set aside and keep warm.
- Cook the barramundi skin first until it is crisp, turn over and place the pan in the oven to finish. Remove from the oven and finish with butter.
To prepare the sabayon:
- Whisk the yolks and reduce until thick and pale, slowly drizzle in all the remaining olive oil. Finish with the lemon juice and cayenne pepper.
To assemble, place the sweet potato into a mould and place the fish onto or along side. Garnish with fresh herbs and the sabayon.
You can sample the dish at Nam Hai Resort, Hamlet 1, Dien Duong Commune, Hue City. Tel: (+84) 510 3940 000.