with Chef Patrick Ho from the Fortuna Hotel Ha Noi
An extraordinary oyster experience is the highlight of the month at Tiffin All Day Dining. Fans of the much-loved shellfish can savour the taste of the sea with Oysters Rockefeller, a recipe by Chef Patrick Ho. Rich and luxurious, indulge in the delicious textures of poached oyster, topped with sauted spinach, bacon and creamy, buttery hollandaise sauce with a hint of white wine. Truly divine!
Ingredients: serves 4
- 1/2 tsp unsalted butter
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 500g fresh spinach, washed and drained
- 80g smoked streaky bacon, thinly sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 12 fresh oysters rock salt white wine
- Melt the butter in a pan and fry the the bacon until lightly golden brown, then add the garlic and shallots. Stir in the spinach until it wilts. Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove the oysters from their shells and set them aside. Arrange the shells on a pan spread with rock salt.
- Bring the white wine to the boil and poach the oysters for few minutes.
- Fill the shells with the sauted spinach, and top with the oysters with a drizzle of warm hollandaise sauce.
- Bake the oysters until brown on top.
For the hollandaise sauce:
- 1 cup clarified butter, warm
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp warm water salt to taste
- Heat an inch or two of water in a saucepan over a medium heat.
- Combine the egg yolks and the warm water in a stainless steel bowl and whisk until the mixture is light and foamy.
- Add a few of drops of lemon juice.
- Whisk the eggs until they begin to thicken.
- When water in the pan begins to simmer, set the bowl of eggs directly on top of the saucepan. The water itself should not come in contact with the bottom of the bowl.
- Whisk the egg mixture, and remove the bowl from the heat.
- Gradually add the clarified butter while whisking until the sauce thickens.
- Whisk in the remaining lemon juice and season to taste with salt. If the sauce is too thick, adjust the consistency by whisking in a few drops of warm water.
This dish can be savoured at Tiffin All Day Dining, Fortuna Hotel Ha Noi, 6B Lang Ha St, Ba Dinh Dist, Ha Noi. Tel: 04-3831 3333, ext 6160.