with executive chef Richard Wilnson from Nam Hai Hotel
So come rainning days of autumn! In these chilly days, nothing better than savouring a colourful dish like this. Cheers!
Ingredients: serves 4
- 400g fine saffron linguine
- 200g Sago
- 50ml olive oil
- 2kg of fresh blue swimmer crab
- 500ml of fresh orange juice
- 50g chopped fresh herbs, chives, chervil and parsley
To make lemon mayonnaise:
- 1 tsp English mustard
- 6 egg yolks
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1l sunflower oil
- Zest and juice of two lemons
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Blanch the crab in boiling for 4 to 5 minutes water and refresh in ice water, remove the flesh from the crabs and set aside.
- Cook the linguine in salted water and strain, toss with a little olive oil and allow to cool.
- Boil the sago until it becomes transparent, about 30 minutes, reduce the orange juice by half and add to the cooked sago, leave overnight and the sago will absorb the orange juice.
- To make the lemon mayonnaise, whisk the egg yolks with a little of the lemon juice and vinegar to make an emulsion add the remaining oil and vinegar and finish with the lemon zest, season well. You may also use a purchased mayonnaise and add your own zest.
- To assemble, combine the linguine, crab and fresh herbs with a spoonful of the mayonnaise depending on your taste, finish on the plate with the orange sago and fresh sprigs of herbs.
You can sample the dish at Nam Hai Resort, Dien Duong Hamlet, Hoi An City. Tel:(84) 510 3940 000.