with Executive Chef Phang Kim An from Shang Palace Restaurant of Norfolk Mansion in HCM City
Vietnamese people believe that eating winter melon can release body temperature, prevent diabetes and high blood pressure, especially the juice help bring you a young and fresh skin. Cubed or sliced, winter melon can be steamed, simmered, braised or parboiled and added to stir-fries. Chef An instructs a stewed winter melon with soya and vegetarian oyster sauce. It's very simple and easier to cook, he said.
Ingredients: serves 1
- 700g winter melon
- 700g salad green
- 1,000g ginger
- 700g karon onion
- 630g salt
- 640g black soy sauce
- 5,000g cooking oil
- Bok choy leaves
- 510g vegetarian oyster sauce
- 2,250g gourmet powder
- Wash the winter melon, skin removed and cut into large cubes. Then fry the melon quickly, then wash and leave them dry.
- Heat water, add cubes of melon and all ingredients in the hot water. Cook until they get softer and ready for use.
- The vegetarian oyster sauce and black soy sauce make the melon become beautiful light orange.
- Dip bok choy leaves in hot water, then take out and put on a big plate. Arrange the melon on bok choy as show in the photo.
You can sample at Norfolk Mansion, 17-19-21 Ly Tu Trong Street, District 1. For reservations, call 38232221.