Wine poached salmon with stir fried vegetables and passion fruit cream sauce
with Chef Lang Van Cuong from Da Lat Edensee Restaurant of Da Lat Edensee Lake Resort&Spa.
Salmon is rich in omega-3fatty acids, which may help protect eaters against heart disease and stroke. Chef Cuong's recipe is fresh and healthy. The combination of salmon and passion fruit cream can be very tasty. The cream broke the acidity of the passion fruit, and the stir fried vegetable added colour and flavour to the dish.
Ingredients: serves 1
- 120gr salmon fillet
- 100gr passion fruit
- 20gr chorizo
- 40gr whip milk
- 20gr baby carrot
- 30gr asparagus
- 50gr baby potato
- 20gr bell pepper
- 20gr baby red beet
- 100ml seafood stock
- 50ml white wine
- Olive oil, salt, pepper, lemon juice, red onion, green onion, and coriander to taste
- Passion fruit skinned and squeezed. Heat the juice on low fire until a thick sauce.
- Mix whip milk by egg beater until the cream is thicken.
- Mix the cream with passion juice. Add salt to taste. Keep the sauce cold.
- Place salmon fillet in a big bowl and add salt in 20 minutes.
- Stir-fry red onion and coriander in olive oil in a stock pot. Put the seafood stock and white wine and boiled, then add the cream sauce. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Poach salmon fillet in the stock in around ten minutes. Place the fillet on a plate.
- Clean baby carrot, asparagus, baby potato, bell pepper, and baby red beet. Stir-fry the vegetables in olive oil in medium rare. Add chorizo, green onion, salt and pepper to taste.
- Place vegetables on a big plate and put salmon fillet on the top. Cover the dish with cream sauce.
- Arrange as shown in the photo.
You can sample the dish at Da Lat Edensee Restaurant of Da Lat Edensee Lake Resort&Spa, Tuyen Lam Lake – Zone VII.2, Da Lat City, Lam Dong Province. Tel: (063) 3831515