with chef Le Hoai Anh from Ha Noi Daewoo Hotel
This week brings you a special gift from the sea: fried tiger prawns served with red breadcrumbs. This nutritious dish is brought to you by chef Le Van Anh.
Ingredients: serves 2
- 1kg tiger prawns, peeled
- 1 tbs parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp ground oregano
- 1 tsp basil powder
- 70-80g breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup plain flour
- 2 beaten eggs
- Salt, pepper, oil
- 1 tsp chili sauce and 1 tsp mayonnaise for the sauce
To make the fried prawns:
- Season the prawns with salt, pepper, oregano and basil powder. Set aside for 15-20 mins.
- Mix breadcrumbs, chopped parsley and grated cheddar. Place flour onto a plate and the beaten eggs in a separate bowl.
- Dip prawns one at a time into the flour. Shake off excess flour. Dip into eggs, then coat with breadcrumb mixture, pressing crumbs on firmly with your fingers.
- Pour oil into a saucepan over medium-high heat. Deep-fry prawns for 2-3 mins. Remove, drain and keep warm.
To make the spicy mayonnaise sauce:
- Mix 1 tsp chilli sauce and 1 tsp mayonnaise until combined.
You can sample the dish at Edo Restaurant, Ha Noi Daewoo Hotel, 360 Kim Ma St, Ba Dinh Dist, Ha Noi. Tel: 0438315000 ext 3044.