with chef Le Hoai Anh from Ha Noi Daewoo Hotel
This week, let's enjoy the delicious California Roll, through the introduction of chef Le Hoai Anh.
Ingredient: serves 2
- 150g steamed rice
- ½ spoon soy sauce
- 2 pcs salad
- 100g crab eggs
- 3 tsp Japan vinegar
- 2 pcs shrimp
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 cucumber
- 0,004 kg salt
- 2 avocado (pitted, peeled, and sliced the long way)
- 1 pcs Nori leaves (Seaweed paper)
To make the rice for sushi:
- Put sugar, salt and vinegar in a small pot and heat over low fire until sugar and salt dissolve. Mix the sauce with 150g cold steamed rice
To make the sushi:
- Lay a sheet of nori, shiny side down, on the plastic wrap. With wet fingers, firmly pat a thin, even layer of prepared steamed rice over the nori, leaving 1/4 inch uncovered at the bottom edge of the sheet. Sprinkle the rice with about 1/2 teaspoon of sesame seeds, and gently press them into the rice. Carefully flip the nori sheet over so the seaweed side is up.
- Place 2 or 3 long cucumber spears, 2 or 3 slices of avocado, and about 1 tablespoon of crab eggs, 1 piece of salad and 1 piece of shrimp in a line across the nori sheet, about 1/4 from the uncovered edge. Pick up the edge of the bamboo rolling sheet, fold the bottom edge of the sheet up, enclosing the filling, and tightly roll the sushi into a cylinder about 1 1/2 inch in diameter. Once the sushi is rolled, wrap it in the mat and gently squeeze to compact it tightly.
- Cut each roll into 1 inch pieces with a very sharp knife dipped in water.
You can sample the dish at Ha Noi Daewoo Hotel, 360 Kim Ma St., Ba Dinh Dist,
Ha Noi. Tel: +84 4 3831 5000 ext. 4527.