Wagyu Beef Tenderloin Steak
with Executive Chef Phang Kim An of Shang Palace Restaurant, Norfolk Mansion
Wagyu beef is known world-wide for its marbling characteristics. Wagyu beef tenderloin offers the tenderest and juicy steak.
Ingredients: serves 1
- 200g Wagyu beef fillet 200g French peas
- One potato without skin
- One straw mushroom
- One cherry tomato
- One egg
- One spring onion
- 1sp truffle puree
- 50ml olive oil
- 10g dried porcini mushroom
- 50g butter
- 2 red onions
- 1/2 bowl of red champagne
- Slice the spring onion into small pieces, mince the red onions.
- Marinate the beef fillet in oil, salt, and pepper for 15 minutes.
- Fry the fillet until it turns golden brown, and then put it in the oven until it turns medium rare.
- Soak porcini mushrooms in red champagne for 15 minutes, take them out and dry.
- Saute the mushrooms with the butter and minced red onion, and season it with salt, pepper, wine, and beef broth. Cook until the mushrooms become soft.
- Clean the French peas and boil, saute with the butter and spices.
- Boil the potato for three minutes and cut into thin strips.
- Mix potato with egg, salt, pepper, and spring onion, and shape into a patty.
- Fry the patty until it turns golden brown.
- Fry the cherry tomato and split its skin as shown in the photo.
- Slice a straw mushroom and fry to decorate the beef.
- Decorate the dish as shown in the photo.
- Serve the steak with mushroom sauce, pepper sauce, or mustard sauce.
Norlfolk Mansion is located at 17-19-21 Ly Tu Trong Street, District 1. For reservations, call 38232221. VNS