with executive chef Olivier Piganiol from Sofitel Legend Metropole Ha Noi
Celebrate this Christmas with delicious Arabica lamb, a speciality made only for you and your loved ones! The dish is introduced to you by chef Piganiol.
Ingredients: serves 2
- 10pc deboned lamb saddle (6kg with bones)
- 100g Arabica coffee (crushed)
- 5cl brown rum
- 10cl orange juice
- 1pc egg yolk
- 1l lamb jus
- 15cl cream whipped
- To make cardamom tuile:
- 2pc egg yolk
- 50g butter
- 50g flour
- 5g cardamom powder
- 5g crushed coffee bean
- 50g crushed hazelnut (roasted)
- 50g butter
- 1kg celeriac
- 100g spring onion (chopped)
- 20cl chicken white stock
- Season lamb saddle and brush some egg white on it. Sprinkle some coffee bean. Pan fried with butter until nice coloration. Cook in oven for 7 min. Deglase with a bit of orange juice, add the lamb jus. After that, add the whipped cream and a bit of rum.
- Mix all ingredients, form the tuile with a piping bag. Cook in oven at 150oC.
- Cut the tagliatelles with Japanese machine. Blanch in boiling water. Strain and sauteed with butter. Add hazelnut and spring onion.
You can sample the dish at Sofitel Legend Metropole Ha Noi, 15 Ngo Quyen St, Hoan Kiem Dist, Ha Noi. Tel: (04) 3826 6919.