with chef Patrick Ho from Fortuna Hotel Ha Noi
Christmas calls for joyous celebration, so this year, make it a day to remember with a festive feast at Tiffin All Day Dining with a festive's special main course, introduced by Chef Patrick Ho.
Barramundi is an Aboriginal word meaning ‘river fish with large scales', coming from the coast of Australia, the fish is renowned for its nutritious source of lean protein, fatty acids and essential vitamins and minerals. Enjoy!
Ingredient: serves 6
To make preserved lemon:
- 3 nos yellow lemon, cut 1/4 lengthwise down ward leaving 1cm at the end to attach
- 6 nos lemon juice salt
- To make chermoula sauce:
- 4 large cloves garlic, finely chopped 2 pcs red chilli padi, finely chopped
- 10 shallot, finely sliced 20g coriander leave, chopped
- 20g mint leave, chopped 1 tsp grounded roasted cumin seeds
- 1 tsp grounded black peppercorn 1 tsp preserved lemon, dispose the segment and chop the lemon skin finely
- 200ml extra virgin olive oil
- Rub 3 cut lemon with salt on the outer skin and inner segment. Place them in an airtight jar and sprinkle with a little more salt.
- Pour in lemon juice, cover the jar tightly and keep in a cool storage area for at least 2 weeks to be use.
- Place all ingredients in a bowl to mix well.
- Season the fish fillet with salt, place 6pcs of baking paper above on the 6pcs of aluminium foil and spread 1 tsp of chermoula sauce on each sheet of baking paper.
- Place all 6 fish fillets onto the sauce and spread 1 tsp of sauce onto the fish fillets again.
- Fold and seal each piece of paper and foil to make a secure package. Allow the fish parcels to marinate in the fridge for 4 – 5 hours.
- Bake the fish parcels in preheated oven at 200oC for 15 – 20 minutes or check when the fish is cooked.
- Heat up extra virgin olive oil, lightly toss the blanched asparagus and chopped preserved lemon season with salt & pepper.
- Heat up olive oil to saute with garlic until flavoured.
- Stir in blanched pasta to sauteé and season with salt and pepper.
- Divide the warm asparagus and sauted pasta into 6 plates.
- Place the cooked barramundi on the green, save the cooking juice to drizzle around the fish.
You can sample the dish as part of Christmas 4 Course Set Dinner at Tiffin All Day Dining, Fortuna Hotel Ha Noi, 6B Lang Ha St, Ba Dinh Dist, Ha Noi. Tel: (84.4) 3 831 3333.