with executive chef Roberto Mancini of Market 39 Restaurant at Hotel InterContinental Asiana Saigon.
Italy has many kinds of delicious pasta and the best of them are home-made. Chef Mancini tells us how to make a special pasta dish originating in North Italy.
Ingredients: serves 4
To make 500gr pasta dough
- 400gr soft wheat flour
- 4 eggs
- To make300g stuffing
- 25g porcini wild mushrooms
- 1 egg yolk
- 2g nutmeg
- 40gr Italian Parmigiano Reggiano aged 24 months
- 250g Ricotta cheese from goat milk
To make sauce:
- 15g speck (smoked Italian ham)
- 1 ladle chicken stock
- 5g sage
- 25g butter
To make pasta dough:
- Mix flour and eggs together to obtain rough hard dough, ensuring no flour lumps are left.
- Cover the dough with a dumped cloth and let it rest for an hour.
- Take the dough out and roll it into two thin sheets.
To make sauce:
- Saute the speck and sage in the butter.
- Add stock and cook until smooth.
- Cut mushrooms and cheese into small pieces, and then mix them together with other ingredients of the stuffing.
- Separate the stuffing into portions of 10g each.
- Put the portions on the pasta sheet such that it allows the cutting of 8cmx8cm squares.
- Wet the edge of the sheet a little, and then cover it with the second sheet, preventing air bubbles from forming.
- Cut the into 8cmx8cm square-shaped pieces.
- Cook them in boiling salted water, drain.
- Put the sauce onto the pasta and serve it.
This dish is offered on the menu at Market 39. Hotel InterContinental Asiana Saigon is located at the junction of of Hai Ba Trung and Le Duan streets, Dist 1, Tel: 35209999.