with Executive Chef Phang Kim An from Shang Palace Restaurant of Norfolk Mansion in HCM City.
A bamboo steamer is a great way to steam fish. Place water or stock in a large saucepan and add seasonings. Bring the liquid to the simmer, place the fish in the steamer over the simmering water. Do not let the liquid boil because this will cook the fish too quickly. Chef Phang recommends this grouper dish for steaming.
Ingredients: serves 1
- 100g grand grouper fillet
- 150g field cabbage
- 37g asparagus
- 37g carrots
- 37g chives
- 5g sugar
- 3g salt
- 5g gourmet powder
- 10g shredded mushrooms
- 1 egg white
- Dip chives into hot water. Cut asparagus and carrot into strips.
- Cut grand grouper fillet into slices and roll with carrot, asparagus and shredded mushrooms. Then tie them with chives and steam all until done.
- Stir-fry field cabbage, and spread them on a dish for decoration, and put rolls on.
- Condense the sauce with the egg white and season to taste. Sprinkle sauce on the rolls of fish and enjoy.
This dish is offered on the menu at Shang Palace Restaurant on the first floor of Norfolk Mansion, 17-19-21 Ly Tu Trong St, District 1, HCM City. Tel: (08) 382 32221.