with Executive Chef Phang Kim An from Shang Palace Restaurant of Norfolk Mansion in HCM City
If you enjoy eating shellfish, you're going to love Chef An's recipe for deep-fried crab with rich-tasting chili-salt sauce. The flavourful sauce marries well with the tender crab meat.
Ingredients: serves 1
- 1 king or snow crab
- 300g chopped garlic
- 37g onion and dried chili
- 5g chili
- Chicken powder, wheat flour, tapioca, flour, chili powder, salt, cooking oil.
- Wash the crab and leave it dry.
- Cover the crab with some tapioca on it, then fry it in a deep frying pan.
- Add some cooking oil in another pan and fry chopped garlic; then add some chili, chili powder and salt.
- Stir well until they turn golden brown, then put the crab in.
- Stir well again and spread mixture on a dish.
- Place all on a big white plate and decorate with fresh vegetables, as shown.
This dish is offered on the menu at Shang Palace Restaurant on the first floor of Norfolk Mansion, 17-19-21 Ly Tu Trong St, District 1, HCM City. Tel: (08) 382 32221.