with executive chef Ivan Negro from Agelina Restaurant, Sofitel Legend Metropole Ha Noi
If you are a fan of pasta, you are sure not to be strange to farfalle, which is derived from the Italian word farfalla (butterfly). Though usable with most sauces, farfalle are best suited to cream and tomato dishes.
Originated in Lombardy and Emilia-Romagna in Northern Italy, farfalle is now brought to you by the hands of chef Ivan Negro.
Ingredients: serves 4
- 400g farfalle pasta
- 100g onion
- 50ml extra virgin olive oil
- 500g fresh tomato, cut in half
- 100g garlic
- 50g basil, cut in stripes
- 250g buffalo mozzarella, cut in wedges
- 5g salt
- In a hot pot, roast the onion, garlic with a little olive oil, then add the tomato, season with salt and cook for 20 minutes. After that, blend everything and strain to keep only the jus.
- Boil the pasta in water for 5 minutes then strain off water and add the tomato sauce, basil. Sprinkle olive oil and serve with buffalo mozzarella.
You can sample the dish at Angelina Restaurant, Sofitel Legend Metropole Ha Noi, 15 Ngo Quyen St, Hoan Kiem Dist, Ha Noi. Tel: (04) 3826 6919 ext: 852.